[12.04.2008] News and events in Sigulda this summer
On the 1st of May the new tourism season was officilaly opened in Sigulda, so everyone can learn more here what Siguldas has to offer this summer!
"This season the biggest tourism objects will be working without holidays. So, after the 1st of May all objects are open every day, and they also have longer working hours" says Gunta Vītola, Head of Sigulda TIC
Discount card Siguldas spieķis
On the 31st of May, during Sigulda city celebrations, the new discount card will be presented to the city guests. It includes many discount in Sigulda as well as the Sigulda area. More information here.
Attraction park TARZĀNS
In May, a new attraction park Tarzāns will be opened in Sigulda. It is located on skiing track Ziediņkalns. The total length of the track is 1200m, longest ride - 180, heigth - 16m.
More information www.tarzans.lv or by phone 0037127001187.
Cycling route: Sigulda More Māļpils Allaži Sigulda
Sigulda Region Council together with Allaži Area Council and Mālpils Parish Council has published a new cycling route map, with the total length of 59km. The map is available in Sigulda TIC. In the future it is planned to mark the route with signs. More information here.
- At the end of year 2007, Gauja National Park begun the construction of the new visitors centre near cave Gūtmaņa
- Turaida museum-preserve was the most visited tourism object in Latvia. In year 2007 it was visited by 244 982 people. Also new expositions available in Turaida castle
- The new hotel - Segevold - has been opened in Sigulda on str. Mālpils 4b eith 43 rooms, restaurant conference hall and recreation complex
- In June the guests of Sigulda can also stay at the new hotel with 11 rooms on str. Pils 4b
- Hotel Aparjods joined Best Western hotel chain
- Recreation complex Brūveri on the 1st of July will open 8 new cottages with 4 beds in each, as well as kitchen, WC and shower.
- On Sigulda TIC website soon it will be also possible to book hotels on-line. There you can also find the newest information in English!
Sigulda area Tourism Information Centre
Valdemāra str. 1a